Today we are going to make two of the world easiest dishes in which cabbage and bacon are used as the main ingredients (if you are one of the laziest people in the world then smile, these dishes won’t take a lot of your time, one is a soup from Ireland and the other is a dish from Norway.
- Rashers bacon (At least eight)
- One large-sized finely chopped and cored, head cabbage
- flour (about four big spoons)
- caraway seeds (one big spoon)
- pepper and salt to taste
- white vinegar to taste
- Sugar (at least hundred grams of it)
- Take a large-sized pot and in that lay about two layers of bacon, once done covering the bottom with bacon, lay a layer (thick-layer) of cabbage.
- Once done with layer the bottom of the pot with bacon and cabbage sprinkle caraway seeds and flour, once done with sprinkling start seasoning, for seasoning you would require black pepper and salt.
- Now repeat both the steps mentioned above, one layer of bacon one layer of cabbage, a little bit of sprinkling and a little bit of seasoning once there is no room left simply stop.
- Now it’s time to add some water to the pot, turn the stove on, set the level of heat at slow and let the water boil cook for about forty to forty-five minutes, do not forget to stir in between.
- After forty, forty-five minutes turn the stove off and keep the pot aside, allow it to cool down and then add sugar and vinegar to the pot, make sure that there is a balance between sour and sweet.
Irish cabbage and bacon soup
- Diced bacon
- Two large-sized cubed and peeled potatoes
- Finely chopped tomatoes
- chicken stock
- Pepper and salt according to your taste
- cabbage leaves (thinly sliced)
- Take a large-sized saucepan and place your bacon in it, place the pan on your stove, turn your stove on and set the level of heat at medium, cook until the bacon turns brown
- Chop potatoes and tomatoes once done with the chopping add them to the pan, within a few minutes add washed chicken tenders to the pan, cover the pan properly and cook the chicken after a while add pepper and salt to the pan, once bubbles start appearing on the surface reduce the level of heat to low and cook on low for at least fifteen to twenty minutes, before turning the stove off do check if the potatoes are tender if not then cook for another five minutes.
- Now add chopped cabbage to the pot and cook for about five minutes, do not serve immediately wait for a few minutes and then serve.
That’s all with both the amazing dishes, I hope you would like these dishes not only because they are easy to make but because they taste amazing as well if you like these recipes then show us some love by commenting in the comment section